Casa Central transforms lives and strengthens communities with a special focus on Hispanics. Our network of services propels a diverse population of all ages toward self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.
Casa Central aims to build a strong community, one family at a time, across life stages and generations. To meet this challenge, yearly:
We inspire lifelong learning among children and youth.
- 500 children ages 2-5 prepare for kindergarten in our Head Start groups.
- 175 children participate in our after-school enrichment activities in our School Age Program.
- 100 teens participate in positive development activities at Youth Opportunities Unlimited.
We provide safety and foster self-reliance for individuals and families.
- 70 homeless families receive housing and support services at La Posada, on their way to permanent housing.
- 65 individuals train and study to become certified nurses’ assistants in our Early Intervention program.
- 500 victims of domestic abuse receive counseling and support through our Violence Prevention Initiative.
- 800 community residents gain access to the Internet as they learn to use computers at our Community Technology Center.
We promote active, healthy lifestyles for seniors.
- 150 seniors meet at our Adult Wellness Center,where they socialize, participate in field trips and enjoy many stimulating activities.
- 1,500 home-bound seniors receive visits from our Home Care aides, who provide basic assistance.